PERCENT INCREASE OR DECREASE
To see the answer, pass your mouse over the colored area.
12. Write the three rules which relate the Amount, the Base, and the
13. To find the unknown number, multiply only to find the Amount.
Amount ÷ Base
Apply the rules to the following banking problems. To recognize which is the Amount and which is the Base, rephrase each problem in this form:
___ is ___% of ___ ?
15. Harold deposited $1,250 in a bank where the rate of interest is 3%
16. Irene wants to earn $300 in interest towards her vacation next year.
17. Jane deposited $800 and got $32 in interest. What was the rate of
18. If the bank pays 5¼% interest, and you deposit $2500, how much
19. Jason received an interest payment of $137.50 from a deposit of
20. earn? $41.69
20. deposit? $12,608.70
22. Raymond deposited $1600 into a CD, for which he got $76.50 in
Continue on to the next Lesson.
Return to the previous section.
Please make a donation to keep TheMathPage online.
Copyright © 2016 Lawrence Spector
Questions or comments?