To see the answer, pass your mouse over the colored area.
18. The time it takes to do a job is inversely proportional to the number
18. a) how long will in take 8 workers to do that job? 3½ hours.
18. b) how long will in take 2 workers to do that job? 14 hours.
19. If 5 men can paint a house in 36 hours,
a) how many men would be needed to paint the house in 12
19. b) how long would it take 1 man to paint the house? 180 hours.
10. The speed that a car can achieve after 10 seconds is inversely
10. a) 3600 pounds? 28 mph
10. b) 900 pounds? 112 mph
10. c) 1200 pounds? 84 mph
Continue on to the next Lesson.
Return to the previous section.
Please make a donation to keep TheMathPage online.
Copyright © 2012 Lawrence Spector
Questions or comments?