Book I. Propositions 11 and 12
Back to Propositions 11 and 12.
1. Draw a straight line, choose a point on it, and at that point draw a
2. a) In Proposition 11, what are we given?
To see the answer, pass your mouse over the colored area.
A straight line and a point on it.
2. b) What are we required to do?
To draw a straight line perpendicular to the given line, at the given point.
2. c) Practice Proposition 11.
3. Use the indirect method to prove: Only one line can be drawn
4. To a straight line, and from a point not on it, drop a perpendicular
5. a) In Proposition 12, what are we given?
A straight line that may be made as long as we please, and a point not on it.
3. b) What are we required to do?
To draw a perpendicular to the given line, from the given point.
3. c) Practice Proposition 12.
Copyright © 2017 Lawrence Spector
Questions or comments?
Private tutoring available.