Book I, Proposition 1
Back to Proposition 1.
1. Draw a straight line, and on it construct an equilateral triangle.
2. Name the six formal divisions of a proposition.
To see the answer, pass your mouse over the colored area.
The construction (if there is one).
3. a) In Proposition 1, what is given?
A straight line.
3. b) What are we required to do?
To draw an equilateral triangle on it.
3. c) Practice writing out all six parts of Proposition 1.
4. Draw three straight lines at random. Now try to construct a triangle
4. If you are unable to draw a triangle, can you a least draw some
Any two sides together must be greater than the third side.
Please make a donation to keep TheMathPage online.
Copyright © 2016 Lawrence Spector
Questions or comments?