11. Continuous versus discrete
The definition of a "continuous" quantity.
A sequence of rational numbers.
The definition of "a function is continuous at a value of x."
14. Infinity (∞)
The definition of "a variable becomes infinite."
15. The derivative
The slope of a tangent line to a curve.
The derivative of a constant. The derivative of y = x.
17. The chain rule
The derivative of a function of a function.
18. More rules for derivatives
The quotient rule.
19. Instantaneous velocity and Related rates
The second derivative.
10. Maximum and minimum values
The turning points of a graph. Critical values.
11. Applications of maximum and minimum values
12. Derivatives of trigonometric functions
13. Derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions
14. Derivatives of exponential and logarithmic functions
The system of natural logarithms.
15. Evaluating e
Appendix 1. Rational and irrational numbers
Appendix 2. Are the real numbers really numbers?
Appendix 3. Is a line really composed of points?
Copyright © 2021 Lawrence Spector
Questions or comments?